- Climbing Wall and Abseil Tower Adventurous visitors can hire our purpose-built 40ft tower with an exciting 36ft abseil drop. For groups wanting to use it, we insist on safety equipment and an instructor with a current climbing and abseil certificate. If you don’t have your access to these things, contact us and we may be able to arrange something. It’s a long-way down, though, so if you want to use our tower, we will insist on safety helmets!
- Archery and Air Rifle Shooting Take aim with our purpose-built unit for archery and air Rifle shooting. Groups can use their own equipment and instructor. Equipment is also available for hire and it may be possible to make an instructor available as well.
- Laser Tag This is a great activity for groups of up to 20. Use the campsite and wooded areas for futuristic laser fun!
For prices please click here.
Nature and Wildlife
Our unique location provides home and shelter for some fantastic wildlife. Owls and raptors are regular visitors and we sometimes see occasional deer on the camp boundary. The main flora onsite is silver-birch, oak and holly. Fallen material is ideal for building bivouacs and bashers in some of the wilder areas. But please take care to only use fallen material, as the damage and felling of trees is not permitted.
Orienteering Courses available Explore our lovely campsite, with course sheets available at just £2 each.
Cub and Beaver Trail (new 2018) Explore our lovely campsite, with course sheets available at just £2 each.
There is so much to do on our scout camp, but if you really have to leave us, there are lots of great things to see and do nearby. Nature and Wildlife
- Peak Wildife Park, Winkhill – 01538 308 880
- Coombes Valley, RSPB Reserve, Near Leek – 01538 384017
- Consall Nature Park, Consall – 01782-550939
- Hawksmoor Nature Reserve, near Cheadle
- Ilam Country Park and Dovedale, Ilam – 0344 335 1296
Great Places to visit nearby
- Alton Towers – Europe’s No 1 Theme Park attraction.
- Churnet Valley Railway – 01538 750755
- Foxfield Steam Railway – 01782 396210
For Active Days Out
- Leek Swimming Pool – 01538-373603
- Cheadle Swimming Pool – 01538-753883
- Water World, Festival Park, Stoke-on-Trent – 01782 205787
Fishing, Sailing, Windsurfing and Canoeing
- Brown End Farm Cycle Hire, near Waterhouses – 01538 308313
Dry Ski Slope
- Stoke Ski Centre – 01782 204159
- Poole’s Cavern, near Buxton – 01298 26978